Sunday 4 November 2012

THE VERNHAM CHRONICLES AVAILABLE ON KINDLE SOON!

Hi chums, Just a short word (well, short by my standards anyway!) regarding my attempts to sell The Vernham Chronicles in the United States of America. I have long grown tired of seeing sellers on the amazon.com shop window offering TVC for prices up to $100 or more; this seems to have calmed down a little now with the highest prices just a little under $46. To be honest, and without meaning to sound immodest, I think that The Vernham Chronicles is a lovely little book and deserves to take pride of place on anyone’s coffee table. However, there are no brand new novels that are worth the ridiculous prices in the online market place. I feel that the current RRP is a little too high, but I don’t set the costs. A little while ago, I had correspondence with my publisher regarding the absurd pricing; it was suggested that I have the book set up for American print to eliminate the import and inflated carriage charges. I’ve always been a bit of an old fashioned chap and prefer to have a book, CD, DVD or whatever in my hand; very rarely do I download anything (unless it’s free!). Nevertheless, as I have found out recently, since the rising popularity of the Kindle, digital downloads are increasingly outselling paperback books in the USA. It’s hard enough trying to sell this charming and unusual book in the UK, without wasting more trees for the books to remain unsold in America. So, it is with a reluctant heart that I have decided to have The Vernham Chronicles converted to a digital download for all Kindle lovers. If you are lucky enough to receive a Kindle as a Christmas gift this year, I can recommend The Vernham Chronicles as your first download. I believe the price for such fare is going to be $2.99. If you have managed to read thus far without nodding off, thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your about me post very much, and if I had a kindle I would buy Vernham Chronicles.

    ReplyDelete